This post, “5 Quick Tips for Frazzled, Busy Moms” was sponsored by Tai Pei Asian Food, all opinions expressed in my post are my own. Be sure to grab your Tai Pei Asian Food Coupon. This coupon gives you $1 off any Tai Pei single serving bowl.
Help for Busy Moms
Have you ever wondered how some moms just seem to have it all together? I promise, they don’t. We’re all at various stages of managing our lives. Our family, house, pets, job, kids, health, everything. However, there is a difference between managing and DROWNING.
“I missed the Mom Class”
I met a busy mom today who said, “I just feel like I missed a class or something. The class that was supposed to teach me how to be a mom. It’s all so much.” It’s a familiar feeling. Some days are better than others, though. I’ve been a mom for over a decade and I’m going to share my top 5 tips for busy moms who feel like they’re spinning in circles. My early days as a new mom were rough and I learned quickly to follow these simple tips to make life easier on myself. Some of them were tips passed on to me Some were learned in the trenches of no sleep and utter defeat.We’re all juggling our own work load and life happens. You can, however, get a one-up on your day and with consistency, begin to get ahead of things. Self care is key!
5 Quick Tips for Busy Moms
- Eat – When you wake up to a list of chores, it’s easy to skip meals and forget about re-fueling yourself. Don’t forget this important moment to take care of you. And I don’t mean making a meal out of the crusts of your toddler’s pb&j. Remember YOU when you meal plan for the week. You can pick up Tai Pei Asian Food frozen entrees to have ready to pop in the microwave for a quick, delicious lunch. In about 7 minutes, you can have lunch hot and ready. I love the variety of tasty entrees and that they’re made with real, fresh ingredients. Tai Pei Asian Food frozen entrees are single serve and add variety to my lunchtime. Having the different flavors on hand for a lunch option has come in handy and the convenient packaging stacks neatly in my freezer. I’ll be sharing more about Tai Pei Asian Food in future posts. Be sure to grab your Tai Pei Asian Food coupon (This coupon gives you $1 off any Tai Pei single serving bowl) and use the Tai Pei Asian Food Store Locator to find your closest store.
- Sleep – I want to say each of these tips is the most important. But, I really mean it when I talk about sleep. This is the game-changer. In college, I used to get by with just a few hours of sleep and think I was a rockstar. Nope. It all caught up with me when I was a new mom with a whole different body chemistry. My hormones went haywire and took years to repair the damage of lack of sleep on my body.A very wise woman once told me to “GO TO SLEEP TONIGHT.” She meant, before midnight…every night. Our bodies need this and will thank you when you wake rested and ready to tackle the day.
- Drink – I can’t stress this enough. Water is like the oil in our car. It keeps everything working smoothly inside. I say this because I let this slip and ended up paying for it in a big way. I ended up in the ER with a huge kidney stone, most likely because of lack of hydration. When I don’t drink enough water, not only do I form stones, but I also feel run down. Drinking enough water helps you blast through your to do list and still have energy left over for fun stuff. Bored with water and need some inspiration? I’m currently enjoying a fresh, favorite minty lemonade along with my Tai Pei Asian Food.
- Delegate – When our kids are first born, we quickly become used to doing everything for them. Out of habit, it’s easy to forget that once they can walk, they can help. They don’t just wake up one day as helpful, obedient children. The key is to start training very young. Little ones can even begin with placing utensils from the dishwasher into the drawer (with mom’s help). A little bit of training time will save you HOURS as your children grow. My school age kids automatically unload the dishwasher and make their beds every morning without being asked. This saves me the headache of nagging them to do chores. Plus, it’s also one less thing I have to do around the house. Ideas for training little ones for chore delegation: sort laundry, sweep, unload dishwasher, unload dryer, stand at the sink and “wash” dishes, make bed, wipe bathroom counter, etc. You don’t always have to do everything ALL of the time. That’s why sometimes I like to have an easy lunch ready in minutes. Tai Pei Asian Food tastes like I’ve called in to a restaurant but instead, it was conveniently in my freezer and ready to grab.
- Meal Plan – This has been one of the most valuable tips shared from a seasoned mom when I was starting out. At a mom’s club meeting, she shared her meal planning expertise and I’ve forever been grateful for this tip. Just a few minutes of planning will set up our family for stress-free dinner time all week. It’s almost too simple. Plan just four meals and double them for leftovers. This can dramatically affect the well-being of your family. If you have a few extra seconds, it’s also helpful to write your grocery list according to aisle. Remember yourself too! Add Tai Pei Asian Food Entrees to your meal plan to make sure you’re covered for the week. When you’re shopping with littles, it makes the trip go smoothly. Plus, once they’re able, you can direct them to the items you need in a given aisle.
Self Care Is Key for Busy Moms
With just a few tips, you can get ahead of your day and feel accomplished as a mom, managing it all. Remembering, taking care of yourself first is key. Once you develop a routine of self care, the rest will fall right into place. Some days are easier than others and we’re all wanting the best for our own family and each other. One day at a time!
Pin for later: