There are many reasons why I’ve come to need essential oils. I only wish I had started sooner!
These oils are liquids that have been distilled from plants, shrubs, flowers, trees, bushes, and seeds. Essential oils have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use.
When I first received my kit, I was a little overwhelmed at all of the possibilities. I had no idea how much I’d come to love these little bottles of goodness. Over time, I’ve enjoyed all of the ways they’ve helped support me and my family. We need essential oils!
10 Reasons I Need Essential Oils!
- I’m Type A all the way! – If you know me personally, you know my mind doesn’t slow down. I’m constantly brainstorming and thinking ALL the thoughts. I’ve found essential oils to help me TREMENDOUSLY in this area. Some oils are just right for creating a calming environment. Just a little stress away in my diffuser or on my wrists and I’m good to go. Surprisingly I wasn’t in love with the scent of Stress Away at first. However, as I used my oils more and more (and created a less toxic environment in my home), I began craving the natural aroma of real oils and being repulsed by synthetic scents and perfumes. Suggested Oils: Lavender, Peace and Calming, Stress Away, Jasmine
- Sleeeeep – From an early age, I knew there was a direct correlation between the amount of sleep I would get at night and my mood and cravings the next day. I love learning as much as I can about sleep science. In college to become a health teacher, I researched sleep for an entire semester and worked closely with the Sleep Foundation. Even though I felt like a sleep expert, I wasn’t prepared for what would happen once I became a mom. Essential oils have saved me so many times…whether it’s getting myself to sleep or helping my kids fall asleep, I reach for them almost every single night. Suggested Oils: Lavender, Cedarwood, Peace and Calming II, Stress Away
- Mood Support – I may be Type A but I find that my mood is always very, very sensitive to my environment. I don’t naturally “go with the flow.” If something is bothering me, it shows! A loud noise, a terrible smell, crazy bright lights, someone’s bad attitude…I’ve always been sensitive. This is where essential oils have been and incredible relief for me. I find if I use certain oils, they help me to not be as easily affected by triggers. Also, just using some of the citrus oils can completely lift my spirits in an instant. Suggested Oils: Joy, Lavender, Peace and Calming II, Stress Away, Jasmine, Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Lime
- Immune Support – As a former health teacher, I’m very aware of how easily germs can spread in the classroom, at home, and other public spaces. I like to arm my immune system with powerful oils. They have been a HUGE support when it comes to keeping my entire family healthy. Suggested Oils: Thieves, Clove, Oregano, Purification
- Breathing Support – Asthma is something that has plagued me off and on since I was a kid. It probably didn’t help that I grew up around a lot of adults who smoked. Now, I’m rarely around cigarette smoke but I still find certain things can trigger an asthma attack. So, I like to use essential oils to help support my breathing. Also, running an essential oil diffuser to keep the air clean has also been a huge help to managing my symptoms. Essential oils have dramatically supported my respiratory system! Suggested Oils: Eucalyptus, R.C., Peppermint, Raven
- Connect with him! – I won’t go in to too much detail here but you can catch my drift. Essential Oils have been a lot of FUN too! Check out the exciting book, “Lucy Libido Says There’s An Oil For THAT: A Girlfriend’s Guide To Using Oils Between The Sheets” to learn more about using oils to connect with your partner. Suggested Oils: Goldenrod, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine
- Squirrels! – I’ve never officially been diagnosed with ADD but I believe I occasionally have all of the hallmark symptoms. Essential oils have been tremendously helpful for supporting my cognitive function and staying on track. Suggested Oils: Rosemary, Basil, Peppermint
- Shoo Fly (and Ticks) – We moved back to the northeast US a few years ago and I was quickly reminded about the tick problem here. Yuck! I’m terrified of Lyme. Terrified! I’m not sure what causes them to be more prolific from one year to the next but our second year here, I pulled nine off of my kids in ONE day! I hate using chemicals on their skin to prevent bug bites (specifically ticks) so I was so excited to find essential oils can also be used to repel bugs. Suggested Oils: Citronella, Eucalyptus, Cedarwood, Peppermint, Lavender
- Ouch – I inherited my dad’s problematic spine. A few MRI’s and procedures later, I’m terrified of going in for a spinal fusion. So, I look for all of the ways I can manage to support my spine and keep pain to a manageable level. From sleep position, diet, supplements (collagen), lumbar support, and when it gets crazy, I reach for my essential oils. Panaway is a blend of oils to reach deep into my tissue and offer relief. A warm compress over the oil application magnifies the effect for me. Suggested Oils: Panaway, Wintergreen
- Money Savings – I save money with oils several ways. First,when I discovered essential oils (Young Living in particular), I decided to immediately begin switching out our toxic cleaners for the non-toxic Thieves cleaner. One bottle of the Thieves concentrate can make over 20 bottles of cleaner. The cost benefit is dramatic. I also have switched out a bunch of other products for a less toxic and cheaper alternative. Face cream, laundry detergent and deodorant and just a few. Another way I save money by using essential oils is in the prevention. The immune support has been incredible and I can’t even begin to count the savings in co pays and doctor bills. My entire family is experiencing a lower toxic load and I just know that’s helps us every minute of every day. Suggested Oils: Thieves Cleaner, Lavender, Frankincense, Lemon, Orange, Oregano
Need Essential Oils?
Find your own exciting ways to enhance your life with Essential Oils! Get your Starter Kit here. It includes 11 popular oils, a high quality diffuser, samples of Thieves cleaner and Ningxia Red and more.
Once you get your life-changing kit, be sure to check out all of the fun accessories to help you get acquainted with your new essential oils!
Recipes Using Essential Oils
Already have a Young Living starter kit? Then you already know how wonderful they can be in your recipes. Here are some recipes using Edible Essential Oils.
Pin for later: